Friday, March 30, 2018

Best of the Bunch: March 2018


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in March.

Of the 11 books I read this month, I had two 5-star reads:

How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber and Julie King

Radical: Fighting to Put Students First by Michelle Rhee

The first was a reread and my Best of the Bunch for February 2017, so this time around my best read was...


I don't remember when I first heard about Michelle Rhee, but she's been a hero of mine for a long time. I'm sickened by the caricaturization and demonization of Rhee by people who make broad generalizations about her work. In addition to being a straight-shooting memoir, this book is a battle cry for parents, teachers, students, and politicians to use their voices to fight for every student to have a quality education. Even if you disagree with some of her methods, I can't imagine how you could disagree with her overall vision. This book is inspiring and motivating and a necessary read for anyone who cares about the quality of education in the United States.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!





No comments:

Post a Comment