Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Best of the Bunch: November 2017


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in November.

Of the six books I read this month, I had no 5-star ratings and one 4.5-star rating, so that one is my best of the bunch.


I started out irritated with the narrator of The Secret History for his seemingly pointless lies to everyone, and for a while the book seemed rather dull and meandering, but after the characters returned from winter break everything suddenly picked up very quickly and I was sucked in by the suspense. I like books that are entrenched in the logistics of complex situations, and that's part of what made this read so enjoyable — you know from the opening pages that one of the characters is going to end up dead and that the narrator had a hand in it, but it's the way things fall apart in the aftermath of the murder that made this such a compelling read. A bit of suspension of disbelief is necessary but not so much as to detract from the book. I found this a fascinating read and I can see why it's so often recommended.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!





No comments:

Post a Comment