Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Best of the Bunch: May 2017


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in May.

I'm on vacation this week and so far succeeding in my goal of finishing a book a day, so I don't know yet what my total count for the month will be or even what will be my favorite read. But so far I've only had one 5-star read this month, so I'm going to go ahead and call that my Best of the Bunch for the month.


I can sometimes be hesitant about books that bounce back and forth in time and are relatively long with a lot of characters because those books are an investment, and not one that always pays you back. The Sleepwalker's Guide to Dancing, though, definitely was worth it. Jacob manages to weave together fantastic writing, a number of important themes, and a cast of complex, believable characters in this novel that took her a decade to complete. I laughed out loud more than once, and I cried near the end. It wasn't perfect, but I genuinely enjoyed the read and will miss these characters now that I'm done.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!





No comments:

Post a Comment